One of the most beautiful gardens on earth…
Parco Sigurtà, rated as amongst the five most beautiful gardens in the world and described by Prince Charles as a “world’s unique wonder” provides a breathtaking scenic location for a relaxing day out in the middle of nature. Located near the picturesque medieval town of Valeggio su Mincio, the park is peppered with a vast of display of flowers, foliage and flora in a plethora of vibrantly beautiful colors. Some of the most spectacular seasonal floral blooms include Tulips, Irises, Roses, Lilies and Asters. The park is also home to Mediterranean cypresses, olive trees, oaks, maples, box trees and palms as well as a wide range of plants and shrubbery. The Great Oak, The Water Gardens, the Maze, the Great Lawn and the Animal Farm are just some of the attractions to be enjoyed within this 600.000 sqm natural oasis.
Parco Giardino Sigurtà Highlights:
• The Maze is the Garden’s newest attraction! Visitors can make their way into the extraordinary labyrinth of hedges made up of 1,500 yew trees.
• Animal Farm is a fun and educational area for children and families
• Explore the Park on foot, by bike, or aboard the scenic train which transports passengers along the 7km long “Enchanted Trail.”
• The Avenue of the Roses is the image which is synonymous with the park worldwide. In the spring bloom more than 30,000 highly selected roses along this 1km long stretch
• The Great Oak is one of the best loved attractions for visitors to the Park, and its four centuries make it the oldest tree in the garden
• The Great Lawn is the most extensive feature of the whole Park. In the middle of this soft green carpet are the flowering lakes, surrounded by a romantic weeping willow and annual plants.
Tip! Why not visit the old ancient Village of Borghetto with his old water mills, situated on top of the River and have a lovely diner while the trout is watching you from the fast floating river Mincio.
Also available: Tickets&Tours Special Rose Package to tour the park at your leisure in a golf cart with an innovative GPS system. For more information click here
Opening Times 2015:
From 5 March to 5 November 2017
Entrance from 9.00 to 18.00, closing at 19.00.
During the months of March, October and November entrance till 17.00, closing at 18.00.
Food and Beverages:
The park offers five refreshments bars that are easily reached on foot, by bicycle or by golf-cart. All of these sell cool drinks, tasty snacks, delicious Italian ice-cream and excellent coffee. There are also fresh sandwiches and hot dishes in the refreshment centre near the Avenue of the Roses and the Iris car park.
Specially equipped picnic areas suitable for packed lunches are also available.
How to reach the Parco Giardino Sigurtà
Verona Porta Nuova railway station; take ATV bus to Valeggio sul Mincio
Peschiera del Garda railway station; take APAM bus to Mantova
Highway A4, Peschiera exit, 8 km in the direction of Valeggio sul Mincio, follow the signs
Highway A22, Nogarole Rocca or Affi exit, in the direction of Peschiera and Valeggio sul Minci and follow the signs for the Park
Parking: Parco natura Viva offers ample parking available in close proximity to the entrance.
Take the special bike lane (Peschiera-Mantova) along the river Mincio and look out for the castle tower.
The supplier of this tour/park accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). You may either print the ticket/voucher and present a paper copy, on the day of travel. Or, if you travel with a mobile device, simply demonstrate your Photo ID and present your ticket/voucher on your Smartphone or tablet, on the day of travel. For added convenience, simply log into your account online, and access your e-voucher.
- Your Ticket will be send by email directly after your purchase.
- The Tickets will be send as an PDF file.
- You can enter the Park without queuing at the cassa
- Tickets need to be presented at the entrance of the park in printed version.